Saturday, February 28, 2009

Watch out for the Double-Wide


O.k. so I have two kids under two and I have a double-wide stroller (two double-wide strollers actually). And you would think that because I live in Utah this would go without notice, but not true. I love to catch the expression on peoples faces as they see me coming. In fact, I've started a little game with myself where I bet whether they will have the expression of shock and horror or pure pity. (So far I have a 60% average, which I think is pretty good.) The pure pity people will usually comment like, "wow, you've got your hands full." or "how far apart are they?" The shock and horrors have a different reaction. They either run the other direction or the sneer and turn their heads in disgust.

The other day one of the shock and horrors did their typical sneer and turn as we were both trying to make our way through a set of double doors. And let me be honest I would have been a shock and horror a few short years ago. But...this particular shock and horror decided to take an extra step in their disgust in my situation and promptly let the first set of double doors slam into me and my double-wide. Well I'm a nimble little mother and I made fast work of the steps between the doors and quickly rammed my double-wide into the back of that shock and horrors ankle. Normally I am not a violent person, but damn it would it kill people to hold the door for someone.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. I hope you pushed hard enough to leave a mark. Some people are so rude.

    ReplyDelete