Sunday, May 20, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day and I can't help but think that being a mother means that I will always have that little voice inside my head that says, "Please, let him be o.k." When I first went to see his heartbeat at 8 weeks, all I could think was, "Please, let me see the heart beat and please let him be o.k." When his heartbeat dropped during delivery, I thought, " Please, please let everything be alright and please let him be o.k." That same phrase stays with me now day and night as I watch him grow and change. As I worry about him and hope that everything is alright, I have to remind myself that being a mother not only means that I am constantly concerned about the little guy, but that it also means that I need to take good care of myself so that I have the strength and stamina to keep on worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment