Thursday, September 18, 2008

Family Traditions


We didn't have a lot of family traditions growing up, but one that sticks out in my mind is getting a few hair cuts from my mom. Some of them good, some of them not so good. I'm doing my best to pass on this little tradition to Finn. I just feel like it's important for ever child to have a little familial scarring. And Finn will be able to tell his friends (or counselor) about when his mom used to cut his hair. Unfortunately Finn is not my first victim. In my early teens, I tried to help my little sister by trimming her bangs. I think they measured about a half an inch when I finally got them "even." Maybe that's why she recently decided to move across the country. Anyway - good luck Finn and mommy promises to stop cutting your hair before you enter preschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment