Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Way We Were

When I was pregnant everyone kept saying how much our lives were about to change, but they never really said how. Now that Finn's approaching his first birthday I am getting a clearer picture. For example, it's really not a big deal anymore when during the course of a day one of several bodily fluids finds its way onto my shirt. Or that just when I have mastered the perfect swaddling technique, he's too big for the baby blanket. Or that just as I find a great daycare, I decide to stay home for a while.

Fortunately, I believe that change is good and there is no better way to learn about yourself and others than through change. So while this year has been one of tremendous change, I remind myself that even greater changes are yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment